Monday, June 10, 2013

Evie at 1 Month

It's hard to believe that Evie is already a month old!

At 1 month old Evie weighs 11lbs 1.5oz.  (Not sure on length as we can't really stretch her out while she is healing)

She eats 5-6 ounces every 3-4 hours. I pump every 2-3 hours to keep up my supply to keep up with my hungry girl.  So far we have (probably) over 200 ounces frozen for our girl when she hits another growth spurt! She hasn't been on formula since she was 3 or 4 days old!

At night she sleeps anywhere from 4-6 hours at a time.

She is not a fussy baby.  She fusses to get fed and then is pretty content until next feeding. Recently she has been restless, as I'm sure all of us would be if we were on our stomachs for a month straight!

Her hair is getting much lighter!

Big brother LOVES his sister. Gavin always runs straight to Evie when he comes home from school and says "buh-bye" when he leaves the room for any reason! He rubs her head, helps feed her and blows her kisses.

Evie smiles all the time. She likes to hum when she sleeps and makes faces at me all day long. 

We still haven't been able to hold her yet. This makes my heart sad and my maternity leave seem like it's flying by. I only have 7 more weeks left and I will be spending every waking moment holding my girl once I can. Sorry family and friends - you will be alloted 5 minutes but then I get her back! (you think I'm kidding - wait and see!)

She is growing like a weed and as content as one could be.  We are very blessed with a good little girl.  Her back is looking wonderful and we hope another week or 2 and she will be able to be on her back.  We are now sending updates to the plastic surgeon via e-mail with pictures so we don't have to keep packing her up. 

(I have some super cute stickers for her but since she can't be on her back I haven't taken them yet. I plan on taking some improvised pictures as soon as I have help!)

God has truly blessed us with the most perfect little girl. We can't imagine our lives with any other daughter, she is perfect and perfect for us.  Thank you sooo much for all of the prayers and kind words!

1 comment:

  1. very sweet! so glad she's doing great & that awesome that she's getting breastmilk! It will surely help in her recovery.

    ReplyDelete