Thursday, June 9, 2011

Normal?

My first doctor's appointment since being released from Kansas City was yesterday.  My appointment was at 9:30 a.m., so I didn't have to wait all day in agony! When we got there, I checked in right away and for the first time I was able to say "can I have a label?".  You see, all the pregnant women have to get a label after checking in to give a urine sample at the beginning of every appointment.  I was always jealous of the girls that got to get labels.  Who would think you would be jealous of women getting to urinate in a little plastic cup...I sure didn't.  So there I was, asking for my label, I walked back to the bathroom and was so excited to place that little cup in the stainless steal cabinet!

At the beginning of the appointment I just talked to the nurse and we all talked about how amazing it was to have gotten pregnant on the first try with Dr. Brabec! I then had to have a full exam with my doctor, it was a damn crowd in my room though, me, Joe, the nurse, nurse practitioner and my doctor, in the tiny closet they call a patient room.  He felt around, felt my stomach and said everything looked good.

The second part of the appointment was for questions...lots of questions. Can I go on a float trip? Can I work out? Can I eat lunch meat? Do you think I will deliver before the end of the year (taxes people, taxes! really January 6th? I mean I guess we'll take it, but really?)? Totally random, but all important to us!  With all of our questions answered and all warning signs of problems discussed, the doctor said he would see me back in 4 weeks and at that time we would be able to hear the heart beat on doppler.  He then shook our hands, said congrats and "everything is going great and NORMAL".  He said NORMAL! I haven't heard the word normal in almost three years...does this guy know who I am, does he know my family? Normal? Really???? Holy cow, epic doctors appointment for sure!

My next appointment is July 6th, this time at 8:45 a.m.!

In other pregnancy news...I have gained a grand total of 3.5 pounds and am extremely bloated, so much sometimes that I have to wear maternity pants (I need to get a belly band).  I have morning sickness all out now, hopefully it goes away soon! I am constantly tired, like I need 10 hours of sleep at night to feel good in the morning!!! Hopefully this ends soon too! Joe and I are both reading tons of books and trying to learn as much as possible with what is going on inside of me!

Today I am 10 weeks exactly and our little baby is now a fetus! Here is to being NORMAL...CHEERS :)

No comments:

Post a Comment