Sunday, May 22, 2011

What a Weekend!

What a weekend! I am beat!! Before we get to that, let's start on Thursday.  Thursday was our first ultrasound in Kansas City with my fertility doctor.  We drove three hours there, we were there for 20 minutes, then three hours back, talk about driving! But
I guess what we got while we were there was worth it!


We got there, checked in and went back right away, we were even early, but they were ready for us! I got changed and went in for the ultrasound.  We saw the baby right away, I was so relieved!! Just one, Just one baby! My numbers were so high during the early blood work, there was a thought it may be twins, but just one! We only need one right now! After checking the size of the baby (1cm) which put me further along in my pregnancy than originally predicted, we got to hear the heart beat for the first time. 
Our little guy had a heart beat of 138 bpm, which the doctor said was very healthy! We left with a strip of photographic evidence of the bean and went on our way, released from the doctor in KC to my regular doctor in Springfield, no more road trips!!


We both went to bed happy and as relieved as can be, prepared to take the trip home on Friday to share the news with our families.

We got to my parents house Friday night where they were having a bbq with friends.  We hadn't done Mothers Day yet, so I gave her the present first from Bath & Body Works and then gave her a tin to open.  Inside the tin was a poem Joe wrote wrapped in a onsie, announcing the good news! She looked at me and said "Really?!" and then cried a little.  My dad was super shocked, I can't remember exactly what he said, but he was really excited and gave us both hugs.  My mom then announced the good news to her friends, who then harrassed her about being a grandma now!  It was a really long night of great food and games, so we went to bed prepared for the big day on Saturday!

Saturday was my little cousin, Mandi's graduation party (maybe she isn't so little anymore, now that she has a big girl job and all).  The entire family was going to be there, so I figured it would be best to tell them all together so no one would feel left out.  We had gotten there and set our stuff down, all except my purse, which had ultrasound pictures in it.  My cousin Sara noticed I wasn't setting my purse down and bugged me about it.  She then looked at me and said "Are you pregnant?" .  I didn't want anyone else to hear, so I just shouted "Um guys, I'm pregnant!".  My aunt looked at me completely expressionless and said "are you really?" I said yes, and everyone errupted and asked a million questions.  When my other aunt and grandma Nonnie got there, I told them the news! Everyone gave me great advice, and we are super excited to have a little one in the family soon!

We left Mandi's graduation party and went to Joe's parents house that night where his sister was staying the night as well.  We got there and gave his mom a little present, which was the same as my mom's (the poem with a onesie) And she looked at my father-in-law and said "you know what that means, right?".  Mom started crying and dad said congrats.  Joe's sister Alicia was super excited and we started talking about baby showers right away! We had to keep quiet until the morning when we would tell his other sister!

Sunday morning Joe's sister showed up bright and early to do Mothers/Fathers day breakfast.  When she walked in all the kids sat on the couch and mom was taking a picture, right before clicking the picture, she yelled "Heather and Joe are having a baby!!".  Trisha couldn't believe it at first, but we assured her, we were serious! We then took the picture, for real this time! We then had breakfast with everyone and left early afternoon. 

We got home, dumped all the stuff in the kitchen and took a 3 hour nap, we were pooped! Then got up, made dinner and dealt with the terrible tragedy of the tornados in Joplin, Missouri, and made sure they weren't coming towards us.  We are fine, the house is fine, no tornados for us.  But prayers for the families in Joplin would be greatly appreciated, the town was leveled and lives were lost. 

Hope everyone has a great week! I will be a lot less stressed now that everyone knows the news and we aren't hiding anything! So excited to begin this journey!


No comments:

Post a Comment