Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Frustrated!

Let's start with the good news.  Joe started his job yesterday at KMOV here in St. Louis. He is a News Producer and they pretty much created the job just for him so that he didn't go work for a competitor because they didn't have a position for him open when he applied.  He works Friday - Monday (Friday and Monday are daytime hours and Saturday and Sunday are afternoon/evening hours -- could be worse).  He makes MORE money working part time at this station than he did in Springfield where he was pulling his hair out due to frutration, so that is always good. That means Gavin only has to be in daycare 2 days a week while Joe is at work so we are saving huge on daycare expenses in St. Louis - which I might add are CRAAAAAZY compared to Republic! So that's the good news.

The bad news is that my Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM) doctor or "high risk OB" is only at his clinic on Fridays until 11:30 a.m. He teaches at SLU and does work at Fetal Care Institute (FCI) which is where Evie's doctors are. So there really isn't an alternate time we can go see him, it's Friday mornings or nothing.  THIS BLOWS! Joe is the one that completely understands what the tech is saying and showing us during the ultrasounds. I know what to ask and can gather information but it sucks not having someone there to explain what they are seeing in a way that I can understand.

I know things could be a lot worse and I am SO thankful he has a job in the industry he loves, but Fridays, really? Why can't he work like Saturday - Tuesday?!?! His work knows about these appointments but I guess we can't be too picky since this job technically isn't even really a position.

My mom has said all along she would be at any appointments we wanted her at, looks like I will be taking her up on that offer. I just hate to interrupt her busy day because I know she is in meetings or trying to meet crazy deadlines every single day at work. I know this is important to her too and she wants to do whatever we need her to do, I just hate to ask her to attend these appointments with me because the later in pregnancy I get the more frequent they are. I guess we will cross that bridge when we get to it. In the meantime I am just frustrated that Joe can't be at my appointments :(

UGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment