Thursday, January 17, 2013

Prayer

Since we found out the news of Evie having Spina Bifida we have had countless people praying for us and our sweet girl.  While most people don't think about what to actually pray (it just comes to them naturally) I sometimes have problems with knowing where to start or what to say or ask for. 

A good friend of ours we met during our time in Republic posted a prayer she had been praying for Evie...I thought I would share as it is so specific to her and her needs and for those of us that need a place to start or would like to join us in prayer it is a fabulous little prayer!

"Lord, because You have instructed us in Your word that we are to pray for one another so that we may be healed, I pray for healing and wholeness for Evie.  I pray that sickness and infirmity will have no place or power in her life.  Ipray for protection against any diease coming into her body.  Your Word says "He sent His word and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions" (Psalm,107:20) Wherever there is disease, illness, or infirmity in her body, I pray that You, Lord, would touch her with Your healing power and restore her to total health.  Deliver her from any destruction or injury that could come upon her.  Specifically I ask You to heal her spine and back.  If she is to see a doctor, I Pray that You, Lord, would show us who that should be.  Give that doctor wisdom and full knowledge of the best way to proceed. Thank You, Lord, that You suffered and died for us so that we might be healed.  I lay claim to that heritage of healing which You have promised in Your word and provided for those who believe.  I look to You for life of health, healing, and wholeness for Evie."

Thanks again to all of you out there praying for our girl.  She truly is our miracle.  We know she was sent to us for a reason.  It took a long while to accept the fact that we were chosen to be her parents for a reason, but I do think we are finally sitting in the right frame of mind.  I believe our God is healer and I know that He has a plan for our little angel. 

(On a side note: I listen to this song ALL.DAY.LONG -- it's my anthem for my girl!!! -- enjoy!)

Lots of love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment