Sunday, April 17, 2011

The two week wait...

Here is a little update of what has been going on the past few days...We went to the specialist in Kansas City on Thursday morning (after I threw a fit and cried about having to give myself the Ovidrel shot on Wednesday night, which I did end up administering myself!).  We got there and checked in, then had to wait about an hour for them to get everything "ready".  We then went back and met with the nurse and verified all of the information on everything that was going to be used, then we were about to start the procedure.  I figured everything would just go as it had the other two times I had gotten IUI, but soon I realized this was not the case! We were going to have to WORK to get this baby!!!

I layed there for about 15 minutes while the nurse poked around trying to get the catheter into my uterus.  She couldn't get it, and said my uterus wouldn't sit still.  She tried a clamp which was terribly painful, so she took it off.  After about 30 minutes of attempting to get my uterus to cooperate and open she decided to give me a rest while she tracked down another nurse to see if she could get my uterus to cooperate. 

In came the second nurse who asked if I had any problems before, I told her that we didn't have any problems in the past. She said she could get the catheter in somewhat but wasn't sure it was in far enough.  Then the light bulb went off in my head.  Is this why the other two attempted IUI's didn't work?  Did my last doctor in St. Louis just give up becuase my uterus wasn't cooperating and administer the washed sperm without the catheter being in the appropriate position? It was then that I decided to just shut my mouth about what hurt and let her do what she needed to do to get that dang catheter in where it needed to be! I was praying over and over to God letting him know that I was ok if this wasn't meant to be, if we weren't meant to be getting this procedure right then, to just let me know and I would tell them to stop. Right then, the nurse said, ok, we are all done! She got it! We did it! 

I then had to lay there for 15 minutes to make sure everything stayed in and to give the little "swimmers" time top get to their destination and then we were off...back on our 3 hour journey home.  I was obviously not the most comfortable sitting in the car, so Joe drove for about 2 hours to let me have some rest (even though he had only slept for about 2 hours in the past 24 with his work schedule) and then I took over and drove the rest of the way home.

I was crampy the rest of the night and just felt like all I wanted to do was lay around.  I was crampy all weekend, which we read could be a good sign of success, so we have our fingers crossed!

Today I started the Progesterone suppositories, that is not the most awesome thing in the world, but it's not so bad.  I have more blood taken on Thursday to make sure my progesterone levels are good and then can take a pregnancy test on the 29th.  We are just hoping everything goes great and my body decides to cooperate this time. 

In the meantime, we are still waiting to hear back from Joe's job opportunity in Kansas City and we have Servolution next weekend at our church.  We are super pumped for the week ahead, so hopefully that will help the time go by because neither one of us are looking forward to the 2 week wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment